Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Tale of the Pressure Washer

I have promised myself that I would start to look for the little lessons that God gives us during our daily walk with Him, if only we take the time to look. So... here goes.

On Monday, I decided it was high time I got our front porch back to normal. You see, when we put our new flooring down in the living room, we put the old stuff, the wood scraps, the carpeting and padding, and all that good stuff, on the front porch and haven't found time to clean it up. So, I got sick and tired of it. After cleaning it all up I realized how dirty the siding and porch was and thus, coerced my husband to allow me to use his power washer. Now he wants me to paint . . . that is going a little bit too far (not really, I actually like to paint).

As I was power washing I realized that there was dirt and grime where you couldn't even see it if you just stood back and looked. In between the floor boards, between the porch and the house, and in the j-channel of the siding. Just a hose would not have been able to expose and blast out the lurking grime. So, our little life lesson: we try to clean up our lives, old habits, and filthy ways by ourselves, and sometimes it looks like we did a pretty good job on the outside. But in reality it takes God to pressure wash the dirt and grime away from the cracks and crevices. Trying to do it ourselves isn't good enough, it takes God.

1 comments:

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.