Monday, August 16, 2010

Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones

Well, it wasn't either of those, but Janae did break her arm, roller blading. We have this pretty steep hill right outside our house and, sure it might be fun to roller blade, bike, or skateboard down it, but not very safe. After church last Wednesday, Janae took on the hill and lost. That night we went to the E.R. to find out it was, in fact, a broken arm (simple fracture of the distal radius to be exact).


So, now she sports a pretty blue cast on her right arm. Yes that was her RIGHT arm. Just what she needed right before school starts. She has been practicing with her left arm and has gotten pretty good, considering.

She wanted a sling, but not the ugly one from RiteAid or Wal-Mart, so I made her a couple of slings. Hey, why can't a gal have some fashion here? So, tink it was. I don't have a pic of her cast alone, but will get that one on here sometime today. All in all, the slings turned out OK. I need to make a couple of adjustments, but other than that, they were a cinch to make.






1 comments:

Anonymous said...

See you updated your blog again. I usually check more often. I'm only a week off from when you posted this:)