Saturday, June 28, 2008

Surprises Surprises

My family decided to give me a great big surprise when I arrived home Friday evening. They all worked together to paint my kitchen for me. I hated the light blue on the walls, but just never got to paint it yet. So...having already picked out the color I liked my husband and children got right on it. Here are a few pics of what they did. The walls had a popcorn texture on it so they had to be scraped first. Then to match the walls we did in the living room and dining room, they had to be textrued.




This is step one of way too many until my kitchen is done. But, hey, it's a start. And what's better... I didn't have to do it! ;)

3 comments:

Trisha said...

What a sweet family to spend the time and labor of love for their mom and wife while she is gone. That is precious. Memories you will never forget. Hope all keeps going well for your dad and we will see you at camp. Trisha

Brittany said...

What a thoughtful surprise! Sorry to hear about your dad, hope all goes well and he recovers quickly. See you all at camp.

Deirdre said...

Amanda, Trisha gave me the address to your blog. I read about your dad and I'm so sorry. I will try to pray for a speedy recovery! Thank the Lord for saving his life!